A top Supply Chain innovator has replaced their entire i2 Technologies’ planning software, which had been in use since 1999, with Adexa’s suite of Supply Chain Planning solutions. This particular company is a globally-known multi-billion dollar manufacturer of Electronics. In respect to the privacy of this client, Adexa is abstaining from the use of this clients name in a public forum. However, in this posting, we will provide you with detailed information on what solutions were replaced, and for which critical supply chain processes. We will also highlight the main client interests in the solution that was selected.
Sales and Operations Planning
- Revenue and Margin Optimization.
- Collaborative, role-based capability to drive consensus.
- Provides subcontractor sourcing allocations based on optimal margin.
- Through the use of what-if scenario’s can facilitate decisions on when/where additional subcontractor capacity would be required to meet forecasted demand profile.
- Models the complex supply chain considering each alternative routing to determine optimal sourcing ratio and supply routing.
- Considers available starting inventory, WIP, in-transit supply and open PO balances in determining production starts.
- Respects defined subcontractor quota arrangements.
- Generates optimal product mix considering expected demand, supply, and real-time constraints.
- Determine best levels to hold intermediate inventory.
- Generates a statistical forecast that can form the baseline for further review
- Viewing and analyzing multiple data measures from multiple vantage points
- High ease of use leveraging configurable, role-based graphical user interface
Supply Chain Planning
- Provide Just In Time (JIT) solution/postponement
- Constrained and Unconstrained planning modes
- Provides supply plan considering expected binning (WIP Flush)
- Respects supplier contracts
- Soft and hard constraint modeling
- Considers tier allocations as well as a customer within tier allocation
- Considers demand priorities
- Considers current WIP and inventory allowing the model to be reactive, so planners can be proactive
Available-to-Promise / Order Fulfillment
- Attribute-based Available-to-Promise capability
- User-defined business rules
- “What-if” analysis allows planners to consider reallocation of supply and demand with multiple scenarios including full product re-pegging.
- Secure multi-user allocation management with views, alerts, and reports.
Multi-Echelon Inventory Optimization
- Allows end-users to set time-phased inventory targets for each end item or intermediate item.
- Allows various methods to set inventory targets (days of coverage, statistical safety stock, service level targets, hierarchical analysis)
- Enables view in units, or dollars with aggregated analytics.
- Considers MRP when calculating forecast distributions for intermediate supplies.